Tuesday, June 8, 2010

So I registered this blog address months ago while kind of drunk.

Well, I was on the verge of drunk but not quite drunk enough to misspell "giniandtonic.blogspot.com," which, you know, would be an understandable error because there are like four "i"s and a bunch of "o"s and who knows where they all go. I was drunk enough to think "giniandtonic.blogspot.com" was SUCH a clever and appropriate blog name because HAHA! my name is GINI and part of that name spells gin! And I love gin, especially in gin and tonics! GINI & TONIC, I AM SO WITTY! I was also drunk enough to think Ellie vs. Eleanore might be right and maybe my musings on vanity and general inanity might be of some interest to somebody (i.e., her) because I can be kind of funny in print even if I'm not so much in real life-- very often I'm just laughing at someone else because they look like a dumbass or else because they really are funny in real life and all my funnies come way after the fact, sometimes hours but more often days after the situation at hand. Sometimes years!!

SO ANYWAY. I digress. Welcome to this silliness. There will be cursing.

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine a more beautiful way to start a blog ;) Skoal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, hello? You are hilar and I am hilar and all this happens in writing. So I've decided we should stop speaking like the normal, well-educated young adults we aspire to be. We should speak text speak like all the teeny boppers in the world and we will be hilar. IN PERSON. So yes, that is what we will do. Like, tomorro.

    ReplyDelete