Friday, January 6, 2012

Gollum

There is an older guy here at work who open-mouthed coughs every few minutes, and-- I shit you not-- he sounds exactly like this:



Actually, he's even a little phlegmy-er. He's kind of wrinkly like Gollum too. His hack bleeds through my headphones and ruins my daily Hall & Oates jam sessions. It assaults me when I've taken a mouthful of delicious chicken fried rice and causes me to gag. Worst of all, it's chronic; I've been in this location since August and his cough hasn't abated one bit. It is the most disturbing, rattly cough I've ever heard from someone not dying of lung cancer.

...wait.

4 comments:

  1. Or is he dying? He might be one of those guys that refuses to go get checked out cuz he knows it is bad news. Like my husband's coworker with the nasty growing mole on his cheek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are few things as obnoxious as loud coughs... shame that the guy probably can't help it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He probably just like you, and wants to impress you by showing you what his lungs can do. Should you ever need help, his powerful lungs will help him scream for a police officer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think probably the worst are those wet, open mouthed coughs from little kids. Especially because their parents never make them cover their mouths. Yeah, like I want your kid's snot all over my arms.

    Though if my co-worker kept coughing like that, I'd probably just put him out of his misery, Patrick Bates style.

    ReplyDelete