Last night at class, we sat through an hour-and-a-half long interactive module on plagiarism. Not because it's a school policy for all students to view this, but because apparently so many people are flagrantly lifting up to 80 and 90 percent of their papers from the internet. Wow. Seriously? What idiot does that? I use websites all the time when I write my papers but I digest the information and then shit it out on paper in my own interpretation. And then cite it. It's not hard. It's called thinking and understanding.
So last night was one of the crappier nights yet. The professor was pacing and her voice was shaking with anger because apparently it takes her a couple of hours per paper to go through all the material and prove plagiarism took place. And frankly, that's a waste of time and disrespectful besides. So we watched the module and when scenarios came up, the text was too small for us to read so she had to read it aloud, her words biting the air with frustration. I felt bad but kind of giggled a little too. The module featured a kindly-looking old man cartoon with a condescendingly dorky, slow, patronizing voice. I tried to find a copy of it on YouTube but couldn't. Sads. But, I did find these other laughable gems, and now I feel better that other schools have nerdy plagiarism modules too!
This one is actually awesome. I think I'd have been totally entertained if we watched this jazz.
Closer, better, warmer. Our old man cartoon had a brown monk cut and a huge nose. Did you hear this guy say "innit?!" Hilarious.
This one's just weird. Those kiwis and whatever down unda.
Here's one type of plagiarism about which I knew nothing!
And to round it all out, here's a song about plagiarism written by a Ph.D who was so offended that someone copied his work. Which, okay, I get that. The song's not bad. (Dork.)
DON'T COPY SHIT, FOOLS.
It's weird how lazy a lot of college students are... I mean, why pay for something and then cheat your way through? I don't get it.
ReplyDeleteIf someone plagiarized my work, heads would roll. I work hard for all I do; what makes you think you can just steal it? Also, I've never understood people that plagiarize term papers. Is it really that hard to take some information and put it into your own thoughts? I mean, you have an opinion, right...?
ReplyDelete