It seems like lately I've been subjected to such awesome conversations that I think this warrants the creation of a new label: epic chats. So here's another one I had last night with a guy in my class. He was actually much more loquacious than this, volunteered many details about the procedure, but I'll truncate the conversation for space and attention's sake.
Him: When's your baby due? Know what it is?
Me: Mid-July and it's a boy.
Him: Me and my wife, we just had our third boy. We were trying for a girl but no dice.
Me: Oh, you gonna try again or are three rug rats enough for you?
Him: Nah, I got the old snip-snip last week. She has a girl from her first marriage anyway, so we got four kids total. We're both way too fertile I guess, seems like every time I poked her she got pregnant!
Me: Ah, heh. At least you know when you're ready to stop!
Him: Yeah, a vasectomy ain't too bad. Your husband-- you guys are married?-- he ever want one, mine was great. I just walked in there, he cupped my junk for a bit while we talked about it. Then the procedure took like 15 minutes. They don't let you watch so I just read a magazine while they shaved me and put some numbing gel on my bits, then I felt a little pinch on my sac skin for the local. And then I didn't feel nothing else.
Me: Oh.....how long before you got to walk out of there?
Him: About an hour. And my hair's starting to grow back so I don't look like a twink no more, my wife liked to tease me that I have gay balls 'cause they were hairless. And then yesterday I got a text from the doctor sayin "How's your pecker doin?" Haha! You know it's a good doctor when they ask about your pecker.
SO. For all you peckerheads out there, you now have some very specific criteria for choosing your next vasectomist.
I still cringed...
ReplyDeleteAgain, lots of personal info from near strangers. I've never used the word vasectomist, good job!
ReplyDeleteThe man I will marry will get a vasectomy in place of an engagement ring. I know I am not patient enough for children. I have nothing but respect for people with children.
ReplyDeleteI've always said that the hallmark of a good physician is his willingness to text you about the well-being of your pecker. Nicely done:)
ReplyDelete